Formal written solicitations in any amount that exceeds $50,000 in value are:
1. Published in one of two newspapers in Panama City, The Bay County Bullet or The News Herald. These requirements will be found under the heading "Board of County Commissioners Bay County, Florida - Notice of Call for Bid or Request for Proposal..."
2. Advertised on the Purchasing Department's Web Page. Click on Current Solicitations.
3. Available online through the DemandStar. If you are interested in this service, visit DemandStar's website to contact them for details on the annual subscription and its costs. The application asks for general information about your firm and lists the commodities and services the firm wishes to sell to the County.
4. Bay County has adopted an electronic bidding process for Public Works unit pricing solicitations. Only electronic bids submitted through Bid Express will be accepted for Public Works unit pricing solicitations.
All electronic bidders must first register with Bid Express to create an Info Tech Digital ID.
It can take up to five business days to process your Digital ID and it is highly recommended that a Digital ID be enabled 48 hours in advance of submitting an electronic bid
For additional guidance, please contact the Bid Express team at toll free 888-352-2439 (select option 1) or via email.
5. You are invited to come to the Purchasing Department at:
840 W 11th Street
Panama City, FL 32401
Visit between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, to view current solicitations. At that time, you may request a solicitation package. Bay County may charge a fee for plans and specifications.
Appointments may be set up by contacting the Purchasing Staff at 850-248-8270.
Should you require additional information, please feel free to call the Purchasing Department. Our staff will assist you and answer any questions you may have.