When do I need a land clearing permit?

Any time you use heavy machinery to clear a parcel of land for construction or for any other purpose other than timber farming activities on lands designated for such, you need a land clearing permit. If the parcel of land is over 3 acres in size the land clearing permit must be issued in association with a development order. If under 3 acres, a land clearing permit can be obtained from the Planning and Zoning Division. Call us at 850-248-8250 or email us.

Show All Answers

1. What is planning and zonings role in mobile home permitting?
2. How do I get a commercial development permit?
3. What is the zoning on a particular lot or parcel of land?
4. When do I need a tree removal permit?
5. When do I need a land clearing permit?
6. Where can I get a copy of the bay county comprehensive plan or land development regulations?